Our annual speed dating event is an opportunity for local artists and professionals (visual artists, researchers, musicians, label owners, curators, producers, etc.) to meet and/or present their work to and receive feedback from arts organisations, festivals, and independent curators from all over Europe, who will in turn have the opportunity to introduce their own initiatives and activities.
New this year, we are offering a session on funding mentorship with event organisers that have successfully applied and managed diverse grants on the German and European level. Participants of both the Network Speed Dating and Funding Mentorship Sessions will have 8 minutes per "date" to speak with organisers before moving on to the next representative.
Among those present will be members from the SHAPE platform – Sound Heterogeneous Art and Performance in Europe, which has had its support renewed for another 4 years. Members will also be present from ICAS - International Cities for Advanced Sound, a worldwide network that assembles over 40 independent organisations that support new music, audiovisual creativity, digital innovation and related fields.
Network Speed Dating Session A (15:30 - 16:30)
- Barry Threw – Gray Area Foundation for the Arts San Francisco, USA
- Tommy Ose – Insomnia (Tromso, NO)
- Andras Nun – UH Fest (Budapest, HU)
- Martin Bricelj Baraga – MoTA (Ljubljana, SI)
- Hesam Ohadi – SET Experimental Art Events (Tehran, IR)
- Thomas Dumke – dgtl fmnsm (Dresden, DE)
- Derek Debru – Nyege Nyege Festival (Jinja , UG)
- Guillaume Malaret – Les Siestes Electroniques (Toulouse, FR)
- Chico Dub – novas frequências festival (Rio de Janiero, BR)
- Łukasz Warna-Wiesławski – Unsound Festival / Unsound Productions (Krakow, PL)
- Susanna Niedermayr – ORF / ORF musikprotokoll im steirischen herbst (Graz, AT)
- Lucia Udvardyova – Easterndaze, SHAPE (INT)
- Pierre Martel and Lea Malgouyres – Biennale Nemo (Paris, FR)
Network Speed Dating Session B (16:30 - 17:30)
- Amir B. Ashrafzadeh – SET Experimental Art Events (Tehran, IR)
- Gareth Williams – ALL club / SVBKVLT (Shangai, CN)
- Tengal – WSK Festival Of The Recently Possible (Manila, PH)
- Arlen Dilsizian – Nyege Nyege Festival (Jinja, UG)
- Alain Mongeau – MUTEK (Montreal, CA)
- Pablo Del Bosco – MUTEK (Montreal, CA)
- Ulf Eriksson – Intonal/Inkonst (Malmö, SE)
- Eliza Aboltina – Skaņu Mežs Festival ; Kontaktor Festival ; Erica Synths (Riga, LV)
- Sophia Brous – Supersense: Festival of the Ecstatic (AU)
- Philipp Grefer – WISE | FakeMusicMedia (Beijing, CN)
- Daniela Seitz & Anja Weigl (Creamcake, Berlin) – Funding experience with Berlin CityTax, Musicboard Berlin, Hauptstadtkulturfonds
- Jonas Petry (Seanaps Festival, Leipzig) – Funding experience with Initiative Musik (Infrastructure Grant)
- Thomas Dumke (Cynetart Festival, Dresden) & Tommy Ose (Insomnia Festival, Tromso) – Funding experience with EACEA via projects such as SHAPE and We Are Europe
- Sarah Farina (Through My Speakers, Berlin) – Funding experience with Musicboard Berlin, Inititiative Music (Artist/Touring Grant)
Registration is now closed. All sessions are full.